Love this idea from Teaching with Technology – POD SIG:
We are beginning to crowdsource a series of “QuickChallenges,” activities designed to help instructors and faculty developers
- Become familiar with a tool,
- Learn a way it could be used, and
- Create a usable learning object or a sample assignment.
Our hope is that groups of 2-3 POD members will collaborate to fill out the template we provide. The document will then go through a peer review. The final product will be posted on this site, where it will be available to the public.
- Create a survey with a Google Form
- Make a comic with Pixton
- Draw a concept map with Bubbl.us
- Record a poem with SoundCloud
- Make a mashup with Popcorn Maker
- Create a map with Google Maps
- Mash up two images with PhotoShop
- Build an Ignite presentation with PowerPoint
- Make a video with Animoto
- Make an interactive poster with Glogster
- Build a word cloud with Wordle
- Create a time line with Tiki-Toki
The tools suggested above could be replaced with others. There’s also no reason we couldn’t make two versions of the same challenge for competing tools.