College access is fundamentally a question of social opportunity – a question of democracy: who gets to participate, how, when, where and under what conditions….
- College access == macro
- college choice == micro
- higher education opportunity
- educational opportunity == operationalized in a lot of different ways — K-12 framework without an end game — to and from across the lifespan — shaped by the facilities we are shaped by — resources, home, etc.
- transition to college == phenomenon — from HS to college and how the transition gets made — this is what the framing focuses in on — TC Record focused on this
- college access and success == credo of the Lumina Foundation — not just getting them there — but helping them succeed while they are there at college — do not separate the two
- post-secondary opportunity == tech ITT-tech; cert programs at community college
- Educational pipeline == linear orientation
- Education path/pathway ==
- River of opportunity
- College admissions game
- The heart of education
- College access as social text(s)